7 March 2013

REVIEW: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Taupe

In December 2012, these Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliners kicked up quite the storm within the UK.  Everyone  received their package from Rimmel UK's PR team and subsequently, had a corresponding blog post or a video.  In particular, they raved about the Nude and Taupe ones.

Within the last month, these eyeliners arrived in North America.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a nude one that hasn't been compromised, but I did get my hands on the taupe one.


In short, I loved it so much, I bought a backup when I saw it was on sale for $5.49 CAD.
I bought my first one at regular price $7.99 CAD, which is still a complete steal.


Colour:

  • browny taupe
  • cool brown with grey undertone

Consistency:

  • soft kohl
  • slightly waxy
  • no skipping
  • no tugging

Lasting Power:

  • waterproof (but removes easily with Bioderma micellar solution)
  • oily-eyelids-proof
  • transfer-free
  • stays on all day without primer (my longest day was 10 hours)

Top: Single swatch
Middle: Slight smudging
Bottom: Major smudging

How I wear it:

I line my upper lash line with the tiniest flick, discretely making my lash line appear thicker.

Watch Allura Beauty apply this taupe eyeliner in her recent February 2013 favorites & regrets video (Start at 11:35):


Verdict:
Unique colour
Great consistency
Excellent wear
$5-8 CAD bargain


GO BUY IT.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment