11 February 2013

Revlon Lip Butter - Red Velvet (Swatch & Review)

I don't think I need to introduce Revlon's Lip Butters... Pretty sure, I'm the last girl to own one, haha.  They're basically a buttery mishmash between a lip balm and a lipstick.  If you're mostly a clear lip balm girl and want to get into colour, these are a great way to ease you in.

I waited almost two years before eventually getting one, because:
  • they were always sold out
  • they're $11-14 in Canada, compared to $6-8 in USA (I'd rather get a Revlon lipstick for the same price)
  • the testers always tended up grossly melted
  • there were nice shades but nothing that ever screamed at me
And then, I saw Red Velvet.


Holyshit, this is one pigmented lip product!  It's basically a lipstick.


These swatches are unbelievable.  The left swatch is ONE swipe.

Colour:
Red Velvet is a classic, warm red.  On my mauve pigmented lips, it comes off as a deep red.
This colour is crazy pigmented -- I have to apply with a light touch (unless I want a more vampy look).

Texture:
Incredible soft and buttery.  There's no tugging on application.
Make sure you store this in a cool area!

Wear:
I wore it yesterday, and it lasted about 2 hours without any feathering or slipping.

Taste:
None.

Scent:
No plastic scent.  There's a barely-there sweet scent.

Verdict:
I like the pigmentation, but again, the shades aren't anything to trip up over.
I'm not the biggest fan of the creamy texture -- I feel like it's too buttery?  Maybe a bit too much slip and slide action.
I heard that Revlon may have new shades in the works, but unless these are amazing shades that I cannot pass on, I am unlikely to purchase any more.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment