8 August 2012

NUXE Paris - Rêve de Miel ultra nourishing lip balm (Review)

Ever since Lisa Eldridge spoke about it, I had been stalking this but could never bring myself to pay this insane amount of money for a flipping tub of lip lube...  I tried to justify it by saying I needed a lip balm that was more matte underneath my lipsticks.

Anyway, I eventually got it.  How can you go against Lisa?
It was $17.99 CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart (big breathe...)

It claims to be 80.2% natural origin ingredients, and paraben-free.  See the ingredients here:
Smell:
Smells like a mild orange marmalade -- which kinda makes sense since it supposedly contains honey, plant oils, shea butter, and grapefruit essence (whatever that means... like, grapefruit juice?)

Texture:
It's thick.  Smears a bit like super light jam, hahaha.  Could be a bit too thick for the Summer, but it would be perfect for the Winter or super blustery days!

Wear:
Super long wearing!  I like applying this generously before bed and waking up to gorgeous lips.  It's the first lip product that I can still feel on top of my lips after waking up.

I also find it great to wear underneath lipstick because it's matte and prevents my lips from drying out.  A little goes a long way.  If I'm planning to wear this as a lipstick base, a tiny smear onto my finger will suffice for both lips.
I've already clawed into it before picture-taking.
Verdict:  It's good and does its job, but it's not nearly good as people hype.  It seems like a glorified lip balm.  Right now, I'm treating it as more of an overnight lip mask.  I'm excited for day use when the weather cools.

Update/Follow Up:  January 20, 2013
It's been six months since I first started using this product in July 2012.
Now that it's in the dead of Winter, my lips have been hating on crazy icy winds outdoors and drying heat indoors.  I am so thankful for this lip product now, because it has honestly saved my lips this Fall/Autumn and Winter.  All of my other lip balms are failing at keeping my lips moisturized for any longer than 20 mins.
I have been using Rêve de Miel as a/an:
  • overnight lip treatment
  • matte lip moisturizer/base underneath lipstick
  • lip scrub
  • everyday lip balm

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment