15 June 2012

R's Want List (Urban Decay, Clarins, Shiseido)

I told myself that I did not need anymore eyeshadows for several lifetimes.
#1
Urban Decay - Eyeshadow
Just so you know, it looks nothing like this.  But stock photos are as stock photos do.

So naturally, number 1 want right now is Urban Decay's newly reformulated eyeshadow in Asphyxia ($22 CAD).

MBB's swatch
Vampy Varnish's swatch

It's a gorgeous duochrome light iridecsent purple with tiny blue shimmers.  Beautifully pigmented.  It reminded me of the lower left shade in BareEscentuals Ready Eyeshadow Palette in Dream Sequence ($38 CAD), which I wanted at first.

MBB's swatch
KarlaSugar's swatch

But Asphyxia is less pink, more wearable, and kind of what you wanted the purple shade of NARS Marie-Galante ($39 CAD) to be. 

Temptalia's swatch
MBB's swatch
Pursebuzz's swatch

#2
I hate lipgloss.  I don't wear lipgloss.  No lipgloss-crazed video could make me wear it.  But I keep hearing about how Clarin's Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector ($20 CAD) is frickin amazing.  ttsandra talks about it in this video.  Essiebutton recently raved about it.  Viviannadoesmakeup (whom M is obsessed with) loves it too. So...I just wanna know what all the fuss is about.

UPDATE: Saw, smelt, and felt it in person.  No likey le burnt vanilla scent.  M agrees.  

#3
Eyelash Curler
I've been using the Shu Uemura eyelash curler for almost 4 years now.  You've probably never heard of it.  (That was a joke, by the way.)  However, I am curious to try Shiseido's ($20 CAD) since it is often compared to Shu.  My eyes are quite flat and my lashes point straight down to the crotch, so it's often difficult for the curler to reach both ends of my eyelashes.  Shu is doing an admirable job, but, y'know, I'm curious.

UPDATE: Got it.  Review and comparison to come!

#4
Any Burberry eyeshadow.  And lipstick.

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment